Friday 15 February 2013

Today's theme for the daily challenge I enter on Facebook was butterflies, which I love so it was a lovely subject for me to work with. I had several sheets that I wanted to make up and this was one of my favourites. I have this sheet in the pink and a lilac, but today I chose the pink, the sheet was again purchased from www.craftsuprint.com.


I cut out all the decoupage and mounted the topper on to some silver mirror paper. I have glittered all the butterflies, but try as I might I cannot get it to show up in the photo which is such a shame as they are so pretty. I mounted the lace border using foam tape as I wanted it to be even, then I decoupaged the butterflies using glue gel as I like to give them shape. I added the 3 little mulberry roses instead of the decoupage ones and the pearls along the ribbon border. Thanks for looking and I hope you'll pop by again for more crafty makes.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and love the lace and the pretty butterflies. The gems and the roses are gorgeous too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous,fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is rather lushie, well done hunnie its gorjuss x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Just gorgeous! So pretty in pink! Love the lace & roses too - all round great design!

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's so beautiful, I love the colours and the layout is so pretty
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the lovely comments, the are very much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, love the lace and pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Karen, love the butterflies and all the embellihments too hun.
    Hugx, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card i do so love butterflys

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, congratulations on having a blog, I have yet to do that! Your card is so pretty hun.

    Hugs Jan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to blog land Hun, it's about time lol! This is a gorgeous card, I love butterflies too, can't go wrong in card making xxx I'm a new follower too xxx
    http://zoeblingcards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for for following my blog Zoe, It's very much appreciated. Love your blog too, such beautiful cards x

      Delete