Tuesday 5 March 2013

I'm running very late yet again, but I wanted to post this card I made today. It's from the Tom Meilko CD from Joanna Sheen and I just love the images on it.

  

 As I'm originally from Essex I loved the beach as as child, and this brings back fond memories on picnics on the beach. Admittedly Southend beach was nothing like this, but we spent many a family holiday in Cornwall and the beaches there were beautiful.

I printed the decoupage on to super smooth paper, along with the backing paper. I cut the striped paper to fit an A5 white card blank, so that the hat was in the bottom corner. I cut out the topper and mounted onto silver mirror paper and attached this to the left hand side of the card so as to not cover the hat in the bottom right corner. I layered up the decoupage using a mix of foam tape and glue gel, mounted the sentiment onto mirror paper and added to the design. There is a another of the little boats to add a bit of depth to the sentiment which I added using glue gel. I think this would be great for a guy, but equally I would be more than happy to receive this too. Thanks for looking and I hope you'll pop back for more crafty makes.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful card, Karen I have not had a look at that CD yet and usually like the JS ones. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, fab summery scene
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete