Sunday 10 March 2013

Today I have two cards that I would like to show you. I made these cards again a sheet and a kit from craftsuprint for some dear friends that my Husband has know since he was a child. In fact they were like second parents to him in his formative years, so I wanted to make them something nice. They were having a double celebration as it was their Diamond Wedding Anniversary and Mary's 80th Birthday.


I didn't have a lot of choice for the Anniversary, maybe because it's a huge milestone and not something that many people get to achieve (especially nowdays), so I chose this one to make. I printed the sheet on to a 160gsm super smooth decoupage paper, mounted the topper on to silver mirror paper, then on to some mauve pearlised card and I put that on to a white pearlised A5 card blank which I made from Centura pearl, so it has slight silver undertones in it.

I mounted the decoupage using foam tape and added a little glitter with a glue pen and finally some little gems, for what I think is a pretty and tasteful card. I then started on the 80th Birthday card.





I printed all the sheets on to 250gsm super smooth card and made it up following the very easy instructions. The card I think looks very impressive and it was very well received, which it always nice as it make all the effort worth while. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll visit again for more crafty makes.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards karen. Especially like the teapot card, the colours on both are wonderful. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete