Wednesday 6 March 2013

Today's challenge over at Craftymess was to make a Christening card. I was going to make a decoupage one, but I wanted to make something a little different and so I decided I would make a doolirama card. I chose to use the Doolicraft Smiley Bears CD and started by printing the two sheets needed to complete the card on to super smooth card. I cut out all the pieces and scored the lines as indicated on the simple to follow instructions. I guess the trickiest part of making one of these  is cutting around the little figures in the centre section, but I used my decoupage scissors without any problems and if you are confident with a craft knife it shouldn't be a problem either.






The design is made up of three sections, back, middle and front and that is it really apart from adding a few bits of decoupage. I chose to add some flexi peel off stickers around both circular cut outs purely to tidy up any cutting that was slightly off line and I added acetate behind the front piece so it has like a window effect. I layered the sentiment onto a little gold card and added it to the centre bottom to complete it. I think it makes a cute card that is a bit different, and I'm sure it would be well received. Thanks for popping by and I hope you'll came by again for more crafty makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment