Friday 18 April 2014

Faux Leather Note Book

Today I wanted to show you my first effort using Sheena Douglass's faux leather technique. I did this while visiting my dear friend Zoe, but you can find out how to do it for yourself here. I wanted to make a little note book for my Mum to jot things down and so I chose to use dark pink tones for the ink rather than the brown tones which I think actually looks more leather like.


So after making the cover following the instructions given I cut several pages of pale pink lightweight paper to fit inside and sewed them in to the cover using a waxed thread, I added the ribbon and bow to the side of the note book and I found this lovely sentiment topper in my stash. A few flowers and pearls added using glue gel and you have a very pretty and cheap to make little gift. Why not give it a try yourself, it's very easy to do and looks fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment