Tuesday 6 May 2014

Sail Away

Today I want to share a card I made for a challenge over at the Mad Crafters Giggles group on Facebook. I love this group and the challenges they have just for fun, it gets my creative juices flowing. The theme for yesterday's one word wonder challenge was 'holiday' and I had been itching to use the new stamps I had recently purchased from another Facebook group the allows members to sell off their unwanted craft goodies.


I started by cutting a piece of centura pearl card to 6"x4" and inking with scattered straw and stormy skies distress inks, I then stamped over the blended background using a black ink pad. I have to say this stamp which is by Just Rite Stamps is very large and I didn't have a block big enough, so I had to improvise by laying the stamp on the desk and placing the card over the top and smoothing it on to the inked stamp. I've not done this before and as a novice stamper I was a little worried, but I think it's turned out quite well.

I stamped the sentiment which is from a Lili Of The Valley set again using black ink on to another piece of centura pearl card and gently blended around the edges using the scattered straw distress ink pad to tie the colour in with the main image, a little matting and layering using card from my stash and the stamped elements were finished. I cut the cruise ship on my Silhouette Cameo machine from a file that can be found in the store here and assembled it.  I used an A4 card blank which I made from a sheet of A3 centura pearl card, added the stamped elements and the topper, a few card candi for a great card for any man I think.

I wish to enter this in to the cameo With Carley Challenge Blog which this month is an 'Anything Goes' theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment